Lynne creates a very safe, understanding and acknowledging environment in which I can explore my own vulnerabilities and strengths with depth and ease. She respects my pace and is there for me without imposing her wisdom on me.
It’s tough at the top – and lonely for many. Leaders and executives operating in high-pressure environments rarely have the opportunity to pause, think and reflect, to critically explore their actions, decisions and communications or contemplate their approach to work – and life. There is often no safe place in which to show their vulnerability, discuss their concerns or factors affecting their own motivation and performance. Increasingly such leaders are requesting support to do just that in a structured, confidential relationship with a skilled, trusted reflective partner.
Executive reflection differs from coaching; it may not be time bound, goal focussed or measured. Instead it involves a purposeful and powerful inquiry into the systemic, psychological and relational aspects of the individual’s work. Our trained and experienced reflective partners:
- Create a confidential and supportive space in which to pause and reflect
- Facilitate the exploration of patterns, themes and blind spots
- Uncover blockages and challenges to new approaches or behaviours
- Elicit resourcefulness, purpose and drive
- Challenge thinking and gain new perspectives
- Identify areas for personal and professional development
Lynne has challenged me positively to see things from a new perspective. Her uncanny ability to put up a mirror in front of you invites you to reflect and find the insight which is somewhere inside you.